St. Luke is a Partner in Education with Ensley Elementary School. As a partner, we try to respond to requests from the school for assistance where and when needed in addition to the things we do for the students and staff on a routine basis.
- We get a list of needed school supplies and publish the list to church members who purchase them for the school to provide to children who need them.
- We sponsor the Cookie Booth at the annual School Carnival and recruit volunteers to assist where needed. The School Carnival raises money for special school projects.
- The congregation makes donations to purchase a book for every child at Ensley to keep for their very own. In many cases, this is the only book the children own. The program is called Book-A-Child. Sometimes we are able to give two books to each child.
- We conduct a food drive and provide a Thanksgiving meal and other groceries for about twenty-five of the most needy families who have children that attend Ensley Elementary. The teachers submit family names to the Guidance Counselor and she selects the neediest families. This list is provided to us.
- We encourage members of the congregation to become Secret Santas to provide Christmas gifts to the children of the same families we provided Thanksgiving Dinners.
- We recruit volunteers and mentors to work with the children.
- The Business Partner representative is a voting member of the Student Advisory Council and attends the monthly meetings.
For more inoformation on how you can become involved, contact Bob & Peggy Woodard, Ensley Business Partner Coordinators at (850) 477-1475.